To access the BIOS on a Windows PC, you need to press the BIOS key set by the manufacturer, which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC shuts down on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS via advanced recovery settings from the Windows 10 boot menu.
Can I change the BIOS settings from Windows?
How to enter BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the menu on the left. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
How do I change the BIOS settings?
How do I completely change the BIOS on my computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys, or the combination of keys, that you need to press to access your computer’s setup or BIOS. …
- Press the key or key combination to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I change the default BIOS in Windows 10?
How to reset BIOS settings on Windows PC
- Navigate to the Settings tab under your Start menu by clicking on the gear icon.
- Click on the Update & Security option and select Recovery on the left sidebar.
- You should see a Restart now option under the Advanced Settings heading, click here when you’re ready.
How do I access the BIOS in Windows 10?
To enter BIOS from Windows 10
- Click -> Settings or click New Notifications. …
- Click Update & Security.
- Click Recovery and then Restart Now.
- The Options menu will be visible after executing the above procedures. …
- Select Advanced Options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Choose Restart.
- This displays the BIOS setup utility interface.
Can you change the BIOS settings remotely?
If you want to update the settings on a computer’s basic input / output system, or BIOS, from a remote location, you can do so using a native Windows utility called Remote Desktop Connection. This utility allows you to connect to a remote computer and control it using your own machine.
How do I switch to UEFI on Windows?
It is assumed that you know what you are doing.
- Open configuration.
- Click Update & Security.
- Click Recovery.
- In the “Advanced startup” section, click the Restart now button. Source: Windows Central.
- Click on Troubleshoot. …
- Click on Advanced Options. …
- Click on the UEFI firmware configuration option. …
- Click the Restart button.
How do I close the BIOS setup?
Press the F10 key to exit the BIOS setup utility. In the Configuration Confirmation dialog box, press the ENTER key to save the changes and exit.
How do I change my BIOS to UEFI?
Select UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (BIOS)
- Access the BIOS setup utility. …
- On the BIOS main menu screen, select Boot.
- On the boot screen, select the UEFI / BIOS boot mode and press Enter. …
- Use the up and down arrows to select Legacy BIOS Boot Mode or UEFI Boot Mode, and then press Enter.
What happens if I reset the BIOS to defaults?
Resetting BIOS Settings to Default Values may require the settings of any added hardware device to be reconfigured, but will not affect the data stored on the computer.
Can you reset Windows 10 from BIOS?
Just to cover all the bases: no way to factory reset Windows from BIOS. Our guide to using the BIOS shows how to reset your BIOS to default options, but you can’t factory reset Windows through it.